Thursday, June 20, 2013

Yoga at Lake Worth beach

Yoga class underway on the northend of the Lake Worth beach
I went to the Lake Worth beach on Sunday morning, expecting to find a yoga class taught by the same instructor who teaches at the Society of the Four Arts.

But Rassika Sabine Bourgi wasn't there.

Instead, I found my old Palm Beach Post pal Ken Bohannon at Beach Yoga by Kerri. Ken and I go way back at the Post, we started there in 1989 as business reporters. 


I thought if Ken liked this yoga instructor, Kerri Verna, I would, too. So I stayed and watched.

Here are the highlights from my many photos:


The class starts with yoga students lying on their backs.


It soon progresses to backbends,

then to downward dogs.

Some warrior positions add to the mix.
Balance poses taken to bring more balance into their lives.

The boat position where Kerri stands to the right of my friend, Ken.

Ken (left) executes a proper headstand.

Class ends with everyone in relaxation pose. Namaste.


The details


Here is some info to know about the Yoga Flow class:

*It starts at 9 a.m. every Sunday, unless it is lightning at the beach.
*Registration in advance is appreciated, and you'll save $2 if you do so. The registration rate is $5, walk-up rate is $7.  The credit card rate is $10.
*Bring a large towel, water and sunscreen.

Next time, I'll leave my camera at home and participate in the beach yoga class.

And now, for my numbers


I had my best walking day last week on Wednesday, June 12, 2013, when I walked:

Steps: 11,981
Miles: 6.0

1 comment:

  1. Yoga is considered as best therapy for body. You are doing a great job by organizing yoga classes at beach . Once my cousin told me about beach therapy Sarasota, Florida. She attended a session herself and felt awesome.

    ReplyDelete