Sunday, November 23, 2014

Feeling grateful in Lake Worth

I remind myself daily to take time to be grateful for life's blessings. I live in a charming small city, have a dog who reminds me not to forget about her and work enough hours to keep us in spinach, dark chocolate and dog treats.

Even so, I find it hard not to get caught up in the drama of everyday living. The inadvertent social slights, juggling bills and added stress brought on by the holiday season take their tolls on my psyche. So I am pausing to list five reasons why I am grateful, mindful of Thanksgiving.

No. 1 reason

Free beach parking for one year after paying a $40 fee. The beach has become
my place to relax and put my problems in perspective. 

No. 2 reason:

Dramatic sunrises viewable from the Lake Worth beach. The cloud
formations intrigue me. I find myself trying to make out animal
shapes in the clouds. I see a mouse with long hair flowing behind it .
What do you see?

No. 3 reason:

Bonfires held every other Friday during non-turtle season.
Lake Worth lifeguards build and staff the bonfires, and
people bring their own marshmallows and roasting sticks. 

No. 4 reason:

The upbeat bluegrass music of Uproot Hootenanny makes me forget my troubles.
 I first heard them at a St. Patrick's Day concert  in 2013 at the Norton Museum's
Art After Dark. I've since bought two of their CDs and downloaded some of their
tunes on Spotify digital music service. I try to see them whenever they play nearby.
(Photo courtesy of UprootHootenanny.com)

No. 5 reason:

My Cairn-terrier mix, Sadie, who I adopted from the
Tri-County Animal Rescue in early October. She is settling
in so well that we are going to obedience classes starting Saturday.

What's on your list? Let me know in the comments section below.

And now, for my numbers

I had my best walking day on Saturday, Nov. 22, 2014, when I walked:

Steps: 14,055
Miles: 7.0

3 comments:

  1. We're glad to be spending Thanksgiving brunch with our favorite fitness blogger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your article. you can visit my website spotify browser

    ReplyDelete