Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Dogs in church in Boynton Beach

I adopted a small female dog from the Tri-County Animal Rescue in Boca Raton last week. It was just in time to take her to my favorite Palm Beach County animal blessing service* at St. Joseph's Episcopal Church in Boynton Beach. The idea of dogs and other animals inside a church makes me smile.

The Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office sent representatives
of its mounted unit.

Sadie, my 1-year-old Cairn terrier mix, dove under the pew as soon as the
choir music started.



This beagle sat patiently in the pew in front of us.
Showing off his corn snake named Weasel, this boy also sat in the pew in front
of Sadie and me.
Mom has her arms full with a baby girl in her left and a
dachshund in the right.

After the blessing service, we headed to the soccer field to watch the Boynton Beach Police K-9 unit demonstrate the work their K-9s do.


This woman wore stylish white-frame sunglasses and held two teacup dogs
that were dressed as fashionably as she was. The dogs were oblivious to the
K-9s on the field.

I was glad my dog didn't see this young woman with two
reptiles: komodo dragon on her left arm with a python
wrapped around her neck. Sadie would have freaked!
* Years ago, after I adopted my first rescue dog, we made the rounds of all the services. We decided the St. Joe's one was the best because it has a pet parade and allows the animals into the church sanctuary where they are blessed individually at the end of the service.

And now, for my numbers:

I had my best walking day last week on Friday, Oct. 3, 2014 when I walked:

Steps: 11,395
Miles: 5.7

No comments:

Post a Comment