Sunday, October 19, 2014

Doxies take over West Palm Beach waterfront

Dachstoberfest lived up to its name on Sunday when hundreds of dachshunds took over the Great Lawn in West Palm Beach.

The third annual event featured a Doxie Dash, a costume contest and over-the-top accessories for the owners. I took Sadie, my 1-year-old Cairn terrier rescue. Here is what we saw and heard:

Love the costumes these doxies are wearing! But who invited the poodles?
My friend, Taylor Jones, was doing a brisk business with her doxie-themed
wares at Dachstoberfest, her first one exhibiting as a vendor for her Hue Dew line.

A woman swaddled her doxie as if it were a baby.

This dog carrier has a prestigious label: Outward Hound.


Sadie, lower right, cowers as the doxie barks at her for trying to
inspect the contraption these dogs wore to help them move.

Note this woman's purse, the latest rage in faux doxies.

The woman with the wiener leash received many comments
about her leash choice. 

Doxie sporting the latest style in collars for Halloween.


My favorite costume was this obvious choice: wiener dog
dressed up as a hot dog.

The crowd lines up to watch the Doxie Dash, held inside a fenced area. They
were cheering and yelling just as they would do at a human sporting event.

And now, for my numbers

I had my best walking day last week on Saturday, Oct. 18, 2014, when I walked:

Steps: 10,845
Miles: 5.4

No comments:

Post a Comment